• Admission

Applicant Profile

The Master in Management of Industrial Companies at the IQS School of Management is intended for graduates from technical fields. To access the programme, applicants must be in possession of undergraduate degree according to the current Spanish university structure, be a licensed engineer or technical engineer from the previous university structure in the European Higher Education Area. Admission to the Master is also provided for students with degrees related to the EHEA or in each of the circumstances provided for in the law for foreign students outside the EHEA.

Regarding the different possibilities of access, students with the following types of degrees are given preferred access:

  • Sciences
  • Health Sciences
  • Engineering and architecture

If necessary, engineering, architecture or technical degrees belonging to the areas of Sciences and Health Sciences will be considered.


In order to be admitted to the Master's Degree in Industrial Management, applicants must be in possession of a University degree granted by a Spanish University or an equivalent degree issued by a higher education institution from the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) accrediting access to master's level programs in the country issuing the qualification.

Graduates from education systems outside of the EHEA can also enrol in the programme without the need to have their undergraduate degree officially recognised, once IQS has ensured an equivalent level of education. The country issuing the qualification must be capable of issuing access to graduate level studies. Access via this route will by no means require validation of the qualification of the person interested and its recognition will not be used for any other purposes than for the enrolment in a master's programme.

Transfer requirements

The Permanent Committee of the Academic Board, which examines each applicant case-by-case and establishes the system to recognise the credits, will handle the admission of students from any domestic or foreign university system, who have studied at the undergraduate level within the EHEA framework.

Concerning students from EU member states, or from countries with which Spain has established international agreements, students must have a qualification that enables them to pursue graduate level university studies in their home country. Students from outside of the EU, or from countries that do not have an established agreement with Spain, need to first pass the corresponding university entrance exam.

Completion Requirements

In order to obtain the Master’s Degree, students must earn a passing grade from all of the credits taken in the Master’s Degree.

During the academic year, students will normally have two opportunities to pass the exams: in January and in July – for the first semester subjects – and in June and in July – for the second semester subjects, or for subjects that last two consecutive semesters.

If a student does not pass an exam on the second attempt, two additional opportunities will be allowed. In the event that the student still has not earned a passing grade in the subject, they can apply to the Permanent Committee of the Academic Board (PCAB) to review their case, enclosing a statement justifying their reasons for not passing with the request. The PCAB may complement this information by consulting with the Master’s programme coordinator. If a student does not pass the subject through this additional examination period, they must leave the programme.