• Why should I choose IQS?

IQS has a strong relationship and association with science, business, and industry. This ensures that our academic programmes are flexible, dynamic, and constantly evolving through innovation and by adapting to the academic, corporate, and social reality. Being an IQS student means much more than following a syllabus, because the driving force behind IQS is Excellence. This is inseparable from the dedication, discipline, and scientific rigour that will enable you to grow as a person.  IQS has been recognised by ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, USA) for the Chemical and Industrial Engineering courses, while the IQS School of Management is accredited by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, USA), and our Doctorate in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering has a recognition of quality.

  • What programmes are offered at IQS?

IQS offers the possibility to conduct research and pursue a degree or take classes in Industrial Engineering, Biotechnology, Pharmacy Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry and Business Administration and Management, Marketing, or International Business. Different master’s programmes are also available: Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Auditing and Management Control, Wealth and Financial Management, Industrial Business Management, Global Entrepreneurial Management, and International Marketing and Sales Management. You can also earn a Doctorate in Bioengineering, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, and Business and Territorial Competitiveness, Innovation, and Sustainability. Finally, IQS also offers the possibility to earn different kinds of specialisations, for example, SPIM (Senior Programmes in Industrial Management) or the possibility of studying abroad.


  • Are the classes at IQS in Catalan, Spanish or English?

Catalan and Spanish are the main languages spoken in Catalonia. However, all classes are taught in Spanish or English at IQS. If you want to register for classes taught in Spanish, a Certificate of at least the B1 level in Spanish is required (except for students from Latin America). If you want to register for classes taught in English, a TOEFL score of at least 75 iBT is required (except for students from Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States).

  • Does IQS offer an intensive Spanish course?

This course is always offered prior to regular classes. The number of groups and the syllabi may be modified based on the number and level of the students. This course is worth 5 ECTS credits.

  • Do you have any residence halls for students at IQS?

Although IQS does not have its own accommodation for students, the International Relations & Student Life Office can help you in your search process if you wish to live in a residence hall, a flat, or with a host family. Regarding residence halls, you may check The Student Hotel or Agòra. Regarding flats, you can get in touch with Uniplaces, Altiro, Habitatge Jove, ShBarcelona, or Resa Housing. Finally, if you are interested living with a family, you can check Altiro or Resa Housing. We also have other contacts or possibilities if you are looking for a residence hall, so don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you need any help.

  • What is the first step to take if I want to study at IQS?

You can look through our website to find information about our institution (http://www.iqs.edu/). Afterward, the first step to take if you want to study at IQS is to get in touch with the International Relations department at your home university. They will give you all the information you need to know about how to come to study at IQS, the conditions required to study abroad, and the documents you have to fill out.

  • How many ECTS credits do I have to take for one or two semesters at IQS?

IQS belongs to the Universitat Ramon Llull. Our university utilises the ECTS system, so if an Erasmus student comes for a year they must register for 60 ECTS or 30 ECTS for a half year. If you are not an Erasmus student, you can take as many ECTS as you want in accordance with your home university supervisor, but never less than 24 ECTS.