• Admission Requirements

Applicant Profile

The Master's Degree in Analytical Chemistry is aimed at students with a degree in chemistry, pharmacy, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biotechnology, nanotechnology, who want to expand or orient their professional career towards analytical chemistry.

Once students have obtained their master's degree, they will be able to work as professionals in high-level research, development and innovation in the industry or continue your academic training with the subsequent completion of a PhD.


To access the Master's Degree in Analytical Chemistry you must have of a Spanish university degree or another issued by a higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that authorizes to acces a Master's Degree in the univerisity of that country. 

Graduates can also access according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for homologation of their degrees, after IQS verificates that they accredit a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that they are authorized in the in the univerisity of that country to access a postgraduate education.

The access by this way will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous title of the student, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of studying the master's degree.

Undergraduate Program in ChemistryNo additional specific subjects are necessary
Undergraduate Program in Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Enviromental ScienceAdditional specific subjects required


Transfer Requirements


The transfer requirements will be resolved by the Permanent Commission of the Academic Board, which will study each case and establish the convenient recognition of credits.

For students from other member countries of the European Union or from the countries which Spain has international agreements with, it is necessary to be in possession of a degree that in the country of origin allows access to equivalent undergraduate programs. For students from other countries, it is necessary to have passed the specific test of the university.

Continuation of studies

The student must pass all the  credits in order to obtain the master's degree.

One academic year includes two ordinary exams for the subjects of the first semester (February and July) and another two for the subjects of the second semester or annual (June and July). In those cases in which the student has not passed 50 or more ECTS in the first year, he will not be authorized to begin the Master Thesis.

If the student does not pass a subject in the ordinary calls, he has 2 extraordinary calls. Once the 2 extraordinary calls have been exhausted, the student can request the Permanent Commission of the Academic Board to study their case, accompanying their request with a statement of reasons. The PCAB may complement this information by consulting the master coordinator. If the student does not pass the subject through this additional call, you must leave the program.