More information Request Admission

Applicant Profile

The Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering is aimed at students with a degree in fields related to chemical engineering who want to acquire advanced skills to become part of the chemical engineering profession in any of its professional, business, or research aspects.


In order to be admitted to the Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering, students will need to have obtained an undergraduate University degree from a Spanish institution, or an equivalent degree issued by a higher education institution established within the framework of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), which accredits access to master's level programmes in the country issuing the qualification.

Students with degrees issued outside the EHEA will also be able to enrol in the Master's Degree without the need to validate their undergraduate coursework, once IQS has ensured a level of education equivalent to the corresponding officially recognised Spanish university degree. The country issuing the qualification must be capable of issuing access to graduate level studies. Access via this route will by no means require validation of the qualification of the person interested and its recognition will not be used for any other purposes than for the enrolment in a Master's programme.

In order to apply to this Master's Degree, students need to submit their application and professional curriculum to the advisory committee of the Master's Degree, along with the accreditation of their degree. Depending on the degree, recognition of credits and requirements of additional specific academic modules will be established as follows:

Degree in chemical engineeringNo specific additional academic modules are necessary
Degree in chemical engineering and industrial engineering, specialization in chemistryNo specific additional academic modules are necessary3
Degree in chemistry and industrial engineering technologyThe admission comittee of the master's degree will examine each case individually. 
Degree in chemistry and industrial engineeringUp to 30 ECTS credits of subjects related to the degree in chemical engineering not taken3
Degree in technical industrial engineering and industrial chemistry30 ECTS credits of subjects related to chemical engineering not taken
Other degreesThe admission committee of the master's degree will examine each case and will establish the content of the additional specific academic modules the applicant has to complete

3. The credits earned in previous studies will be recognised if the competences are equivalent to those of this Master’s Degree.

Transfer Requirements

Transfer requirements will be addressed by the Permanent Committee of the Academic Board on a case-by-case basis to establish the appropriate recognition of credits. The Committee will also handle admissions for students from any Spanish or foreign university system who have studied at the undergraduate level within the EHEA framework.

For students from other European Union Member States or from countries with which Spain has international agreements, applicants must hold a degree that allows admission to equivalent graduate programmes in the student’s country of origin. Students from outside of the EU, or from countries that do not have an established agreement with Spain, need to first pass the corresponding University entrance exam.

Completion Requirements

Students must pass all credits in order to obtain the Master's Degree.

During the academic year, students will normally have two opportunities to pass exams: in February and in June – for the first semester subjects – and in June and in September – for the second semester subjects, or for subjects that last two consecutive semesters.  Additionally, in the event that a student has not earned a minimum of 36 ECTS credits within the first year, they will not be able to submit the Master’s Thesis.

If students do not pass a subject in the ordinary examination periods, they have two extra examination periods available to do so. Once the two extra examination periods have been used, students can request the Permanent Commission of the Academic Board (PCAB) to review their case, enclosing a statement justifying their reasons for not passing with the request. The PCAB may complement this information by consulting with the Master’s programme coordinator. If a student does not pass the subject through this additional call, they must leave the programme.

Download Program

Más Información Masters